“Insights often arise at the boundary between communities”. Etienne Wenger
Connections are vital for professional growth. ELF attracts an interesting cross section of participants and form a virtual network. Target audiences are:
- Education leaders and aspiring leaders from across the learning spectrum in New Zealand and further afield, plus those transitioning from teaching to management or leadership roles.
- Groups of educators from single learning communities and clusters interested in developing critical mass and momentum for change initiatives.
- Stakeholder representatives from the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education Commission, Te Pūkenga (New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology) and other national and international education stakeholders involved in policy development and implementation in regard to enhancing learning achievement plus members of boards of trustees and tertiary councils.
- Those interested in EdTech including education policymakers, education leaders, classroom teachers and EdTech vendors and consultants.
- Employers and others interested in the transition of young people from education to the fast changing world of work.
- Professional and business representatives interested in sharing different perspectives on topical education issues and developments.
Virtual ELF20: Leading Change and Managing Transitions
“…. you have done such a fabulous job)… … I was really impressed with the functionality and the way you managed to put us into breakout spaces and the seemless integration of speakers and their Powerpoint presentations”. Gabrielle Carroll, NZ Police
View more ELF20 Feedback
Earlier editions of ELF
“Congratulations on the calibre of ELF … and the deep focus on equity, excellence, belonging and wellbeing. Thank you for the good work you do to promote engagement with evidence across education networks.” Dr Adrienne Alton-Lee, Chief Advisor, Evidence Synthesis-BES, Ministry of Education
“I have known Lyall since 2008 when he was a key planner and instigator of the Education Leaders Forums (ELF). He is smart and articulate around the educational issues that matter most and in my experience works hard to create events that connect interesting thinkers and doers.” Pam Hook Director, Hooked on Thinking
What People Say re earlier events