SURFING THE TSUNAMI
Leading Change & Managing Transitions
The core target audience is education leaders and emerging/aspiring leaders-especially those transitioning from teaching to management or leadership roles in their learning communities.
Present and aspiring education leaders need to work on developing the soft skills ingredients of successful education leadership and management and on enhancing the learning culture in their learning communities.
Cross-Section of attendees
As a network of education networks ELF attracts a unique cross-section of attendees from across and outside the learning spectrum, including:
- Education leaders and aspiring leaders from early childhood education to tertiary education and training interested in improving their hard and soft leadership skills
- Those involved in professional and leadership development in an education setting
- Groups of educators from either single learning organisations or from clusters interested in developing shared momentum for professional development initiatives.
- Stakeholder representatives from the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education Commission and other education stakeholders involved in policy development and implementation in regards to enhancing learning achievement. Members of school governance boards and tertiary councils.
- Employers and others interested in the transition of young people from education to work.
- Parents and community groups interested in a balanced curriculum and learning equity.
- Professional and business associations interested in sharing different perspectives.